Isaiah 41:7 So the craftsman encouraged the goldsmith, he who smooths with the hammer inspired him who strikes with the anvil, saying,”It is ready for the soldering,” then he fastened it with pegs that it might not totter.
It takes the heavy hammer of the blacksmith along with the gentle taps of the goldsmith in order to create a masterpiece. And it doesn’t happen overnight! God is at work in you, beloved, creating a work of art like no other.
Whether you are being hammered with the pain of something big like a divorce or job loss or you’re feeling the pressure of the Holy Spirit
in smoothing out the wrinkles of life; know that God is at work in you through it all.
It is His hand that guides the hammer to ensure the good parts are not struck off.
It is His heart which molds us with tiny taps of His finger, smoothing out the rough spots and finishing the edges. It is all part of the process of adhering us closer to Him.
He wants our feet firm so we don’t wobble, so we don’t totter
but are able to stand
where He has placed us, right by His side.
Take heart beloved!
Be willing to lay your life down upon the anvil of His love and
submit to the loving taps of the Master Goldsmith
as He refines us into a work of art glistening with His glory.
For we are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do. ~ Ephesians 2:10
As we are deep within the hustle, bustle and often overwhelming stress of the holiday season, take a few moments right now for the following exercise. If you have a Bible handy turn to 1Peter 5 and highlight verse number 7. We’re going to cast our cares and worries to Jesus.
1. Sit back and close your eyes (you’ll have to read the instructions first and then close your eyes! )
2. Take a deep breath, in and out, now another.
3. Picture Jesus in your mind, quieting yourself and focusing on Him. Take another deep breath as you look at Him.
4. Now, begin to hand each one of your cares to Him, one at a time, as if you were handing Him a small rock. Lord, I give my boss to you, my financial worries to you, my children … (this may take several minutes and as you hand each piece to Him, the pressure will begin to lift.)
5. Give thanks – thank you Lord, for caring for us and being the Prince of Peace. As I hand over my worries, you bring me peace. Wash me in Your peace today, O God, in Jesus name.
6. Repeat as needed (at least daily!)
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. ~~Isaiah 7:14